Fertility and Pregnancy
Pregnancy massage and reflexology have been shown to reduce anxiety, ease back and leg pain and discomfort, improve sleep and decrease levels of stress hormones. Both therapies can be hugely beneficial during pregnancy in relaxing and balancing the whole body during this transitional and sometimes tentative time. You are in safe hands with Victoria who has over a decade’s experience as a senior midwife. Victoria understands your pregnancy concerns, and with her indepth knowledge and experience of pregnancy (and the many ailments that present during this time) she can treat you safely, as she aware of all contraindications relevant to you, your pregnancy and the therapies provided.
These therapies will leave you feeling relaxed, energised and empowered.
On arrival to the therapy room you will be greeted by Victoria and made to feel at home in the therapy room. You will be asked to complete a short health questionnaire and inform Victoria of any relevant health information you feel appropriate regarding your pregnancy.
Your pregnancy massage will take place on a comfortable low couch, you will lie on your side and be made to feel extremely comfortable with the use of soft pillows and therapy blankets. In this side position you are then ready receive a full body massage treating one side of the body at a time and therefore accommodating the safety and comfort of your baby bump.
Pregnancy massage can help to:
- Relax and calm the whole body and mind
- Ease pain and discomfort in the neck, shoulders, upper and lower back
- Alleviate restless achy legs
- Contribute to overall well being throughout your pregnancy
- Improve circulation and boost immunity
You can use your time with Victoria to completely switch off and relax or to ask any pregnancy questions you have. Victoria has practiced as a midwife for 13 years, so feel free to make the most of her experience and ask all the questions you might have. No question is too small, ask away!
Aromatherapy oils that are appropriate and safe to use in pregnancy can be used to enhance the benefits of your massage. Bespoke, organic, safe-to-use-in-pregnancy oils can also be made to take home to use between appointments. These oils can be used to relax and calm through your pregnancy and from 37 weeks, oils to help the body prepare the body for labour can be used. Please ask Victoria for more details.
Preconception reflexology is for anyone who:
- Has decided to have a (or another) baby and wants to feel in the best possible health
- Has irregular cycles so finding it difficult to work out when ovulation occurs
- Has been trying to conceive for 6-12 months
- Has unexplained infertility diagnosed by a doctor/clinic
- Is currently waiting to start fertility treatment
Preconception reflexology is a very exciting therapy to work with. Due to the success that guests to the Therapy Room are reporting regarding conception following their preconception reflexology, I am currently working on getting the findings from years of experience working with women (as a midwife and therapist) to help them conceive, formulated into an official therapy in its own right. Watch this space!
Your preconception reflexology therapy will start with a consultation where you can let me know your story so far, including any medical or health problems you are currently experiencing, any medications you are taking, a little bit of infomation regarding your nutrition and fitness, and anything else you feel is relevant. I can then make suggestions of potential small changes to introduce to your daily lifestyle that could contribute to helping you and your partner conceiving alongside your preconception reflexology therapy.
The treatment itself consists of 3 parts:
- a full reflexology treatment to boost and balance the whole body to promote optimum health in order to be ready to conceive. Special attention is paid to working on the endocrine system (again, all through feet) to ensure all is working as it should.
- a pelvic realignment. This is a very gentle 5 minute therapy given whilst still on couch. When the pelvis is properly aligned the organs contained within it work at their best, therefore contributing to improved fertility.
- Pituatuarty tapping, again this is very relaxing, and takes place while you are still on the couch and is pleasant to receive. The pituitary gland is responsible for the release of oestrogen and progesterone (the hormones involved in conception). Pituitary tapping helps to boost and balance this gland to work as it should, thus regulating your cycle throughout the month, and making ovulation more predictable.
All 3 combine into a gentle but powerful therapy which is currently receiving fantastic results. The above will help to balance the whole body, allowing the body to work at its best, regulate your cycle and ensure you are in the best possible health to conceive.
Some women need only one appointment, others need a course of 3 or 4.
Therapy last 60 mins, please allow an hour and 15 minutes for your appointment.
Reflexology is an extremely relaxing therapy, easy to receive and safe to have during pregnancy, provided that it is given by a qualified midwife therapist. It stimulates 7000 nerve endings that correspond to all systems of the body. Only the feet need to be uncovered whilst relaxing on the therapy couch (that has been specifically set up to be safe during pregnancy). Close your eyes and drift away for an hour of calm or use the session to talk through any concerns or queries you may have regarding your pregnancy or labour. The session is yours, use it as you wish to gain what you need to leave happy, content and relaxed.
Boost fertility and aid conception
Ease ailments of pregnancy such as nausea, insomnia, fatigue, oedema, heart burn, digestive complaints and constipation
Ease aches and pains including sciatica
Encourage deep relaxation for mum and baby
Improve immunity & circulation
Naturally prepare the body for labour labour
Promotes shorter labours
Improve recovery post pregnancy
Help prevent and treat postnatal depression
For more information on any of the above, or how reflexology could help you, please get in touch via contact form or facebook page.
I look forward to welcoming you to the Therapy Room soon.